-----

"Aluminum coating or vacuum metallizing on acrylic"

2005

Dear sir,
I want to know the process of metallizing or aluminum coatings between 300 to 600 angstroms on acrylic material to enhance the reflectivity of the prismatic lens made of acrylic. If possible, please also suggest the process of doing a thin sheet of glass coating between 300 to 500 angstrom for abrasion resistance purpose on the same acrylic lens.

Rajnish Sharma
- Mumbai, Maharashtra
^

2006

I am interested in the same question as the gentleman in India regarding metallizing acrylic. I many times need to make a very metallic or almost chrome finish on a prismatic object and shour of making it out solid metal and polishing it, we resort to silver paint - there must be a simplier solution that the chrome paints that I have seen. They either take two weeks to do a piece or tarnish when you touch it and you cannot clear them etc.

regards,

Christa Kegl
signage - Los Angeles, California
^

2007

I will like to know the process of metallizing on acrylic sheet and what is the specs of acrylic sheet that we could use for metallizing.

Wee Cheaw Choo
- Port Klang, Selangor, Malaysia
^