-----

"Computer recycling--is there any uranium or mercury?"

2005

Are there metals such as uranium and mercury in computers?

Nancy O.
education - Houston, Texas
^

2005

Nancy-- don't you think that "any" is subjective? At what level? parts per thousand, per million, per trillion?
For recycling purposes, there should be ultra low levels of uranium. The monitor could contain mercury in the phosphors inside the screen, but the rest of the unit should have very low levels of mercury--Well below EPA limits. Naturally, there is an exception in a few million units.

^

2005

I would like to ask you how I can find out if my computer screen, as you mentioned, contains mercury or not?
Also I would like to know if there is any mercury in the scanners, dot matrix, lazer printers, copier machines, and tube lights.
Your help is very much appreciated and it is urgent.

Haifa Juma
Saad Specialist Hospital - Saudi Arabia
^

2005

Haifa, ask the manufacturers of your computer parts. They are the only people who can tell you.

^