-----

"Locksmith wants to do chrome plating of brass locks"

2005

I am a locksmith base in Nigeria, I am making brass blank key for duplicating but I am looking for chrome plating materials for finishing it to look more beutiful, I've not plate anything before, please I want you to tell me the materials I will use to plate it and how to do it
Please all help will be appreciated

Saheed Olajide
ALSAHEED LOCK AND SECURITY - ITIRE , LAGOS, NIGERIA
^

2005

You should think nickel plating for key blanks instead of chromium. You will need a lot of equipment and it is a big investment to be able to plate nickel on brass with the required excellent adhesion.

Why don't you send 50 kilos of key blanks to a jobshop plating near you for 0.0002 inches of bright nickel plating, and see how they work out?

tom pullizzi animated    tomPullizziSignature
^

2005

I suggest you use a barrel technology, for a nickel free white bronze.

Dan L. Rujan
- Arad, Romania
^