-----

"Automotive finishes--is it chrome or aluminum?"

2005

I have a 1973 chevy....and I would like to replate/polish the chrome(?) around the windows and trim....however it seems to me that it may be aluminum.....does anyone have any ideas?

Steve Bates
self - Livermore, California
^

2005

I don't have a '73 to look at, so I don't know, Steve. But if it's non-magnetic it is probably aluminum and if it is magnetic it's probably nickel-chrome plated steel. Regarding polishing aluminum, please use our search engine for dozens of entries on that subject. Regarding chrome plating, please see our Chrome Plating Tutorial.

^