-----

"What specification is 14-78-3-707 for paint"

2005

I have a requirement to have Paint with the specification; 14-78-3-707. I cannot find this spec anywhere and the only reference I have is that is supplied by Boeing Co, Seattle, WA. I would rather purchase it from a local supplier, rather then from Boeing. Could you please identify this spec paint as to what exactly it is, so I can purchase it local. Thanks.
Rgs,

Robert Szabo
Airline Industry - Melbourne, Vic, Australia
^

A. Hello!

I'm working on doing a revision to a Boeing manual right now (for a Retractable Landing Light) and saw your question.

I'll see if I can give you some of what I've got here, I had the same question when trying to correct the consumables list in this manual.

Part Number
14-78-3-707

CAGE Code
81205
THE BOEING COMPANY DIV DEFENSE SPACE & SECURITY DBA BOEING

Alternate/Reference Part Number
PA567 (Grimes)

Boeing Spec
BMS 10-60 Type II

Color #
BAC 707

Color
Gray

Finish
Gloss

Type
Polyurethane enamel - flexible

Air Dry
Yes

You may be using a manual right now that I'm applying the correction to. I'll make sure the Boeing Spec makes it into the list (since it doesn't look like it's there at the moment).

Frank Aerdelman
- Phoeniz, Arizona, USA
^