-----

"Formula of nickel shell bath"

2005

We have to make nickel shell plating for using on plate. Please tell me the formula for making this bath.

Saeid Ghasemzadeh
asia dagheygh abzar - Iran
^

2005

I don't know what you mean by a nickel shell bath, Saeid. Most decorative nickel plating is done from a "Watt's Nickel" bath, and you can find the details in any plating textbook. Most electroformed nickel is done from a Nickel Sulphamate plating bath (same books). Some people buy proprietary nickel sulphate baths, and almost everyone buys proprietary Watt's baths. Trying to mix your own is usually a poor idea because the proprietary systems are much better.

^

2005

Saeid, Do you mean an electroforming bath?

^

2006

Hello everyone,

Good day.
I'm a newbie in this line. Started the business of collecting various electronic wastes containing primarily nickel. We would like to do recovery of nickel using electroforming method. May I know the following for my homescale pilot trial:-
1) Besides sulphuric acid, can I use nitric acid to extract nickel? What is the recommended acid to be used?
2) After the extraction of nickel, proceeding to electroforming step. Which is the best conventional anode and cathode material? Any additive to be added to the previously extracted nickel salt solution? What is the voltage required? How to prevent impurity metal to be deposited on the cathode?

Appreciate if someone could answer my question, thanks a million.

Liokmin
- Melaka, Malaysia
^