-----

"Oxidized Rims What to Do"

2005

I have a 1999 Lincoln with chrome rims & my tires leak air. I was told this was because of the oxidation on my rims. What can I do to stop this?

Jim Vierling
rims - Tiverton, RI
^

2005

If the leaking is due to corrosion the corrosion will be at the point where the tire seals against the rim (unless it is very bad corrosion and you have pinholes right through the rim, which I doubt).
I've had this problem in the past and I took my tire/rim to the tire shop, they pulled the tire off, wire brushed the corrosion, cleaned the surface, lubed the area, remounted tire and it was fine...been several years and no more leaks. think they charged $10 for one tire.

Jason Aube
- Flint, Michigan
^