-----

"Chrome Plating the inside of Hollow Tube"

2005

I need to chrome plate I.D of ANSI 1020 DOM hollow tubing, what is the best possible process?

Anwer

AMasood
Hydraulics - Plano, Texas
^

2005

Although it might be a slight exageration to say "chrome plating is chrome plating", I don't know what else to say without some additional detail, Anwar. It's not possible to make a thickness recommendation without knowing the application. Chrome plating an I.D. ranges from somewhat difficult to totally impractical depending on the diameter and length of the tubing.

Is this tubing straight, and a wear surface for some kind of piston that runs in it? Lubricated with hydraulic fluid I presume? What is the diameter and typical length? Thanks.

^