-----

"Powder coating ZA-12"

2005

Are there any extra measures which need to be taken when powder coating ZA-12 material? We seem to be getting small bumps on some of our parts. The first samples look great but the following parts show small bumps on the flat surfaces. The powder coater claims it is outgassing but I don't understand why some parts would look great and some not when they all come from the same process and tool. I do know that they have tried to strip some and re-powder coat. I wonder if this stripper can cause some of this. We are not appliying any type of primer or chromate as a base before powder coating as the coater initially said it was not needed.

One other note, we are trying to use a metallic powder coat. Is there anything to change in the application of this?

Any comments out there would be appreciated.

Eric Hubbard
interconnect solutions - Waynesboro, Virginia
^