-----

"Want instructions for decorative etching (nitric acid) on flat silver pendants"

2005

I need to know where to purchase the nitric acid used in making decorative designs in flat silver for use in my jewelry. I also need instructions in using the nitric acid safely. All I know presently is that I should use two parts water to one part nitric acid and that the water should be in the bath first before adding the nitric acid. I am looking for a book or online tutorial with instructions.

Kay W. Zoretic
jewelry by design - Bowling Green, Kentucky
^

2005

Best and somewhat expensive book on that subject is Oppi Untrachts "Jewelry Concepts and Technology" [affil. link to book on Amazon]. Good website is www.ganoksin.com!Good luck!

^

Abbey chemicals is a good place to buy nitric acid.

Erica Stahl
designer - Edinburgh, Midlothian, UK
^