-----

"Streaks of different shades on phosphatized material"

2005

I've searched the site a bit, bit can't find an answer.

I operate a phosphate conversion setup. We have in the past received parts that do not seem to convert very well. Streaks of uneven shades appear.

We are trying to eliminate this problem.

Our tanks are running at a relatively high total acid of about 18mg. Could this be the cause?

I am also speculating that the original substrate is not machines properly, or the source of the substrate is not consistent.

Can anyone help me with the possible causes?

Todd J Lim
Phosphate conversion facility - Singapore
^

2005

Hi Todd,

The causes of non-uniform phosphating are many, but it will be difficult to help you when you have provided so little information about your operation. How many stages do you have? What type of phosphating product are you running? Is it being according to specification? What types of metal are you running? Is this a job shop or a captive shop?

George Gorecki
- Naperville, Illinois
^