-----

"Patinating special effects onto aluminum foil"

2005

Dear sir:
For design (artistic) purposes, I accidentally found some aluminum foil in my shop that looked to have rusted. It had turned a brownish color and exposed green powdery areas typical of surface corrosion of copper. I don't know how this happened but the effect is quite interesting and I would like to know if maybe you can suggest a procedure for duplicating this effect. Or, in the alternative, do you have any suggestions for procedures, materials to cause aluminum foil to corrode?
Thank you for your kind attention.

William E. Wynne
hobbyist, abstractionist - New Fairfield, Connecticut, USA
^

2006

For artistic purposes I am interested in the answer to the questions on discolouring aluminium foil...for my own artistic purposes, I would like to know what would 'eat into' or create surface effects on 'mill finish' aluminium...hopefully achieving similar effects to a zinc etching plate...hope you can help...ta

Jenny Sayer
- Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
^