-----

"Removing chrome plating from wheels"

2005

Is it possible to have the chrome plating removed from alloy wheels so as to get them powdercoated, or would it be simpler to re-chrome?

Tony Davis
Boat builder - Alderholt, Hants, UK
^

2005

Yes, any plating shop should be able to strip the plating from your wheel. Powdercoat will likely cost less than replating. Have a powdercoater look at your wheels first. He may be able to coat them without need for stripping.

Jeffrey Holmes, CEF
Spartanburg, South Carolina
^

2006

I picked up a set of wheels that I like the look of them, but he chrome is peeling and I would like to remove the chrome completely off of them. Is there a way I can do this in my own home?

Luke Amstutz
Automobile Hobbyist - Pleasant Mills, IN, USA
^