-----

"Plating Copper and Tin on sintered tungsten-iron-copper-zinc"

2005

Dear Sir:

I am interested in plating first copper and finish it with tin.

The surface of my object is a sintered alloy of Tungsten 60%, Iron 10%, Copper 16%, Nickel 4%.

I wish to put in both a thick copper and a thick tin plating, what is the theoretical thickness I can achieve with both Copper and with Tin in this case.

Another case: If I wish to just plate Tin, how thick can it go without peeling.

Sincerely,

Tim wei
Global View, Steel Ball Maker - Tustin, California, USA
^

2005

The thing is, Tim, anything is possible, not everything is practical, and the issue of practicality is context sensitive. For example, shrinkwrap doesn't peel even though it has no adhesion to the wrapped object, and it is practical to "shrinkwrap plate" objects of certain shapes with a very heavy layer of copper (thick as a penny for example). But most plating is a thousandth of an inch thick or less. Unfortunately, guarded questions can almost never be answered well; please try to provide context. Thanks.

^