-- The Home Page of the Finishing Industry
A website for Serious Education, promoting Aloha,
& the most FUN smiley you can have in metal finishing

topic 3783

Need reflow plating, reel-to-reel


I am looking for a company that can reflow plate reels of copper and copper alloy.

Genana Bambur
- Mt. Prospect, Illinois, USA


Dear Genana,

Reflow is a term associated with the Printed Circuit industry. In the subtractive process the tin/tin-lead plating is melted and"reflows" over the exposed copper base of the lines or circuits. This improves the solderability of the PC boards and gives them a shelf life of about 6 months.

I think the process you are looking for is wired plating or reel to reel plating of tin or tin-lead alloys. The job shop list from should help and/or you may want to re-title your letter to get the response you need.


Fred Mueller, CEF
- Royersford, Pennsylvania

This public forum has 60,000 threads. If you have a question in mind which seems off topic to this thread, you might prefer to Search the Site

ADD a Q or A to THIS thread START a NEW THREADView This Week's HOT TOPICS

Disclaimer: It's not possible to diagnose a finishing problem or the hazards of an operation via these pages. All information presented is for general reference and does not represent a professional opinion nor the policy of an author's employer. The internet is largely anonymous & unvetted; some names may be fictitious and some recommendations may be deliberately harmful.

  If you need a product/service, please check these Directories:

JobshopsCapital Equip. & Install'nChemicals & Consumables Consult'g, Train'g, SoftwareEnvironmental ComplianceTesting Svcs. & Devices

©1995-2017     -    Privacy Policy
How Google uses data when you visit this site.