-- this is a no-registration site.

-----

"Casting nickel"

2005

Is it possible to cast nickel? We would like to try to melt pure nickel and roll it to a 3/16 thickness. Any suggestions on how to achieve this?

Greg Kowal
Plating - Canada
^

2005

Greg,

I'm tooting sure that an INCO source would help you ... after all, isn't Canada the largest producer of nickel in the world ?

However, you have two other sources. Specialty Metals USA and Speciality Metals Wiggin in the UK. ... And Wiggin made the world's first successful jet rotor blades ... a super Nickel alloy called Nimonic. Wiggin belonged to Brunner Mond at one time ... and who owned Brunner Mond? INCO.

Castable, you ask? Yes, I would think so. It's a nice malleable metal I think ?

Freeman Newton [dec]
(It is our sad duty to advise that Freeman passed away

^

You can cast nickel, but if you try and roll it out it could scratch or nick your roller mill. And to Greg, nickel is not an easily malleable metal!!

Patricia Gruninger
- Lewisville, Texas, USA
^