Difference betteen 304/316?

2005

I am a portuguese oenologist and I'm buying stainless steel vasks to my celler, the people who is seeling the stainless steel advise me to by all in 304 because some countries like EUA don't allow manufactering the vasks in 316, and they say that we could be in trouble in the future when we exportate to EUA. I would like to Know what are the advantages and the inconvinient of using 304 or 316.

Diogo Pereira
winemaking - Portugal

2005

Only for mechanical resistance can 304 be considered slightly better than 316. For corrosion purposes 316 is better. Type the following direction for more.
www.bosunsupplies.com/StainlessInfo2.cfm