-- this is a no-registration site.

-----

"Repainting a metal "girl" headboard"

2005

I have been given a metal "girl" head board that is white and want to paint it chestnut brown for my son.
Can you tell me what products to use? Do I prime first?

Alice Mulvihill
hobbyist - Toronto
^

2005

I don't know what a metal girl head board is, but if it's anything like a metal girl mudflap, I'm sure your son will love it :-)

You probably want paint made for metal, like Rustoleum or Krylon rather than wall paint. Usually the paint can will have preparation instructions. Cleaning the existing paint with a scrub brush and detergent, then rinsing, is a good idea--but I don't think you need to prime between the existing paint and a finish coat.

^