-- this is a no-registration site.

-----

"Painting a blue color onto stainless steel"

2005

There is a set of stainless flatware, 18/8 chromium/nickel, for CHEAP, on eBay.

The seller says that somebody put it into a hot dishwasher which removed the blue enamel from the handles. The handles are grooved, and the paint was down in the grooves. I would like to buy this set, but I'm wondering what kind of paint I would buy that would stick to this stainless steel -- if such a thing is possible.

35503

If it were really thin paint, I'm thinking I would pour it over the handles, wipe off the paint on the raised part, and let the paint that has flowed down into the grooves just dry there. Then I'd turn the handles over, pour the paint on again, and repeat. Actually only the knives in the set have grooved handles on both sides. The spoons and forks would involve just a one-step process. Thank you so much for considering my question!

Janet P [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
FIx-it person - Sioux City, Iowa USA
^

adv.  b&m finishers banner