-----

"Release problems in CD molding"

2005

Dear all,

We have release problems when we mold CD discs with microstructures. The mold tool is made of Ni and the polymer is Zeonor 1060r. The problems doesn't start until a couple of hundred discs have been made. The surface of the mold tool is in the beginning hydrophobic 90 degree wetting angle and after a couple of hundred CDs the wetting angle is about 60 degrees and then the problems with release begins. We have been trying some surface coatings like DLC TiN, but none is working.

Is there anyone that have experiences from Zeonor 1060r or any other zeonor please contact me.

Mikael Olsson
- Uppsala, Sweden
^

2005

It's sound to me at your nickel plating is to soft. To solve yor problem here you must describe more about it.

Anders Sundman
Anders Sundman
4th Generation Surface Engineering
Consultant - Arvika, Sweden

^

2005

My experience using EN for molds is that the release is better using high phosphorus 10% by wt. or higher phosphorus content.

don baudrand
Don Baudrand
Consultant - Poulsbo, Washington
(Don is co-author of "Plating on Plastics" [affil link to the book on: Amazon or AbeBooks ])
^

2005

I know exactly what the problem is, it is the photoresist not being removed off of the stamper. You need to use an electrocleaning process to remove the PR.

Sorin Diosan
- TN
^

help wanted ad
Plating Shop Manager [Salisbury, MD]
Junior Quality Engineer [Santa Clara, CA]
Plating Process Engineer [Wenatchee, WA]