-- this is a no-registration site.

-----

"Concentration of cell emf's"

2005

I am in my second year at college in England. I have recently carried out an experiment investigating cell emf's using Pb and Ag. I decreased the concentration of the Ag and the Ecell decreased. Please could you tell me why it decreased. Thanx

Michelle Parry
Solihull Sixth Form College - Solihull, West Midlands, England
^

2005

The emf of a redox half-cell generally varies with the logarithm of the concentration. Only the slowness of variation of the log function, and the large voltage offset that is included, tends to delude us into assuming that the emf should be constant. It's only roughly constant.

James Swenson
- Los Angeles, California, USA
^

help wanted ad
Plating Shop Manager [Salisbury, MD]
Junior Quality Engineer [Santa Clara, CA]
Plating Process Engineer [Wenatchee, WA]