-- this is a no-registration site.

-----

"Deflash Solution Concentration"

2005

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a chemical engineer and currently working on a project to minimize the replenishment of potassium hydroxide in deflash tanks in the plating of semiconductor devices. Could you please suggest the best way to tackle the project? My objective is to lessen the addition of KOH for cost reduction.

I badly need your ideas...

Thank you so much and Godbless!

Susan Cabalejo
Semiconductor Industry - Cebu City, Philippines
^

2005

Hi Susan,

Minimize drag out of the KOH solution and drag-in of rinse water into the KOH solution. Perform a DOE for you to determine the lowest possible process window that you can operate to still effectively remove bleed (at different levle of mold condition). Or just a simple corner matrix.
The best solution still is to help mold process attain a flashless and even resin bleed less operation which is ideal and impossible I think? But who knows....?

Neon Green
- Philippines
^

2005

Hi Neon Green,

I agree with you that flashless and resinless is ideal. But as I know there is no example of flashless mold, right?

KKTan
- Seremban
^

Hello KKtan,

There is now, here in the Philippines.

Neon Green
- Philippines
^

help wanted ad
Plating Shop Manager [Salisbury, MD]
Junior Quality Engineer [Santa Clara, CA]
Plating Process Engineer [Wenatchee, WA]