-- this is a no-registration site.

-----

"Plating inside a tube"

2005

Hi all
I have a problem I hope you will be able to help me with.
I'm a trumpet player and my trumpet have the following problem:
the trumpet has 3 valves that runs inside the valve case which has a small inside diameter of dapprox. 0.6". after years of usage the compression of this mechanism was damaged because the inside diameter of the valve case became wider.
I want to plate the inside of the valve case to make it thicker.
the valve case is made of brass and the valve itself is plated with monel (but I do not want to plate the valve itself).

Eyal Issaharov
na - Israel
^

2005

Are going to do it by your self !
any how I would suggest silver or tin ,which relatively soft ,
immersion or you my try brush plating .
Sorry not very familiar with musical instruments, good luck.

Cair Shishani
Khair Shishani
aircraft maintenance - Al Ain, UAE
^