We've been striving for 23 years to build the
world's best website -- it's worth your time smiley

Lead and arsenic poisoning

(2005)

My father has recently been diagnosed with lead and arsenic poisoning through his work as a machinist but no one seems to have any ideas as to how to curer it - any ideas?

Julie E Oliver
AAA Reconditioners NZ - Wellington, New Zealand

(2005)

I am not offering any type of medical advice! When I personally had some higher than normal levels of lead, chromium, and arsenic in my blood, I was treated with a chelator, EDTA, intravenously and had some dialysis done. This was 10 years ago, and I had no symptoms, (it was detected in a blood test) so it was a minor issue and I have been in good health since. I was told that generally, this type of contamination is a great concern for children, but less so for adults.

Mike Wells
ISO Consultant - Jamestown, New York