-- this is a no-registration site.

-----

"Photopolymer processing"

2005

I work for a sign company that makes a lot of photopolymer signs. We've been told that we can cut the polymer before burning it. Then paint without prep time. We've tried cutting the polymer before burning but the material ends up with what almost looks like globs of glue on it, therefore still needs to be preped before being burned. Any ideas?

Patti Anne Young
- Exton, Pennsylvania, USA
^

2005

I don't know if I can be of any help, but I would like to fully understand what you do. What type of signs are you talking about and how intricate, deep and fine are the details? What's the base substrate and what do you do to it? Do you etch with acids or do you sand blast? Are they just a few parts of the same design or do you make'em by the thousands?

^