-- this is a no-registration site.

-----

"Titanium finishing - how do I polish?"

2005

I have a bicycle stem which is a battleship grey finish. I'd like to get rid of the grey and polish it to a bright chrome-like finish. I'm not sure what type of finish is on the stem now; it seems quite hard, but I've been able to scrape it on the inside and see brighter metal underneath. it may be a beadblast, but it seems too smooth and too deep for that.

35146

Can anyone suggest a way of polishing it with everyday materials?

Any advice appreciated,

Neil Hassan
hobbyist - London, England
^

2005

Ti will polish to a very nice and bright finish, but it will gradually oxidixe to a gray finish. Polishing has been covered dozens of time at this site. Just do a search and pick your poison. Lots of time if you are not mechanized.

^

2005

Thanks James.

Neil Hassan
- London, England
^