-- this is a no-registration site.

-----

"Aging new zinc counter top"

2005

I build furniture and cabinets using reclaimed lumber. Currently I am using a new sheet of zinc as a bar top. My question is how to go about aging the zinc.

Stephen C. Staples
Staples Cabinet Makers - Plainville, Massachusetts
^

2005

You can use 200 gm iron chloride/1 lit water solution,or 1 teaspoon copper sulphate/2 teaspoons salt/o,1 lit water solution.Only grease and oxide free object can be coloured!

^

2005

Dear Goran

Thank you for your response. Let me make sure I have read it correctly. 200 grams of iron chloride added to one liter of water. Or one teaspoon copper sulfate and two teaspoons of table salt added to one liter of water. What would be the best pre solution cleaner to use on the zinc that won't interfere with the coloring process to get the grease off but not to add to the chemical reaction? Should the water be hot or cold?

Thanks again,
Steve

Steve Staples
- Plainville, Massachusetts, USA
^

2005

Dear Steve!
You must add salt and sulphate to 0,1 lit (100 ml)water.
Both solutions can be used cold.As precleaner You can use 5% sulphuric acid.You must rinse it well.

G
^