-- this is a no-registration site.

-----

"Intergranular and transgranular crack in 17-4PH"

2005

I have a bolt (17-4 PH) whose the initial failure was intergranular fracture surface and, in sequence, changed by intergranular fracture surface. I know that the hidrogen embrittlement can proportionate failure similar to this but in inverse order (transgranular to intergranular), I really don't know. Someone can help me? Thanks.

Renato Maia
Material analysis - São José dos Campos, SP, Brasil
^

2005

could you tell wether the bolt developed crack in service or it was there prior to forging. secondly if you could tell the %C and % Cr in it, I could be of some help to you.

Er Manuj Kaushesh
- solan, H.P, India
^