Electroplating polyamide

(1999)

I'm looking for information on electro plating polyamide 6 and polyamide 6,6. I will highly appreciate any information available. Many thanks in advance, Regards, Harry van Baal

Harry van Baal
- The Netherlands

(1999)

Let me know if I am wrong, but aren't polyamides more of a thermoplastic powder coating rather than something that can be electroplated? I think polyamide 6 and polyamide 6,6 are types of nylon. If I'm right, the common application methods for nylon coatings are electrostatic spray, fluidized bed, small parts coaters, and flame spray. I hope someone else can write in and tell us if they agree or if I am completely mistaken.

tim neveau
Tim Neveau
Rochester Hills, Michigan

(1999)

I'm sorry, I misunderstood what you wrote. When I read this letter the first time, I thought you wanted to electroplate polyamide over something. I was confused. Now I see that you have a piece of polyamide that you want electroplated. Please excuse my brilliance.

tim neveau
Tim Neveau
Rochester Hills, Michigan