Chrome Brush Plating portable requirements

adv.   gold touch banner

(2004)

Q. I specialise in Gold Brush plating with a variable voltage machine. Could someone advise what is required to chrome plate and chemicals etc required please.

Lindsay Chappell
brush plater - Christchurch, South Island, New Zealand

(2004)

A. It is a good rule of thumb to start with whatever chemicals/process that your equipment MFG sells for their equipment. After you have got the process down pat, then start looking for alternative sources. PS, brush chrome is a very very thin cap layer.

(2004)

A. For tank plating, as you surely know, there is hexavalent and trivalent chrome. For brush plating, only trivalent has been thoroughly developed. It can be plated to some 0.001" or perhaps even more though its color resembles more the nickel. To my knowledge what Jim said is correct hexa chrome can only be applied in very thin caps before the brush, wrapping and anode reactions start decomposing and plating stops. Final result is always disappointing, specially if you want to match existing chrome to its blueish cast.

Need help to make chrome brush plating solution

Q. dear all .
I have a desire to chrome brush plating (decorative chrome plating - not hard chrome ). It will help me repairing a lot of breaking things so I need all your help to making chrome plating solution (brush plating) base on chrome dipping solution.
Thank and best Wishes for you .

hai vu van
love working by myself - Hanoi, Viet Nam