Excessive plasma dross

2004

I have a small fabricating business and just purchased a plasma table. I have a problem with a excess amount of dross. I have tried everything. Speeding up, slowing down, increasing amps, decreasing amps, stand off it seems I have tried everything. I usually cut 11 to 16 gauge material and it doesn't seem to matter either way. Could the size of my cutting machine make that much of a difference? What about air supply? I'm not really sure at what pressure a should be running at. Does this affect dross?

Any help would be great.

Chase Sebastian
first rate fabricating - Mesa, AZ

2004

The company that manufactured the table should be able to help you. In short, everything makes a difference. The best window can be quite small and the variables are interconnected, so it can be very time consuming to find the optimum for each. Note that there will be some recast area. I think that the dross will be higher with a higher carbon steel vs a lower one, but am not sure.