Need Metallographic Masking Material

adv.   maskcoat banner 

2004

I'm studying Metallography and as a course project I'm looking for information on supplies whose products will mask specimen immersed in an etchant bath. This is to compare dissimilar materials who respond to different etches differently. Sounds funny I know, but assume you have Hafnium welded to a Ti and they both respond well to one agent, but individually they respond well to a particular agent that the other doesn't hence a mask. A product similar to Micro Stop, but it needs to be thin able so it can be finally brushed. My apologies for taking up your time, but I appreciate any effort and thank you.

James R. Johnson
College Student - Albany, Oregon, USA

----
Readers: our advertisers make this site possible for technical information exchange & camaraderie; they will contact the inquirers privately regarding any commercial needs. Please appreciate that the site would drown in spam overnight if we posted offers to sell from people paying nothing.