Surface finish vs. friction

2004

Dear sir,

Currently my work is going on high performance hydraulic lift.

Sir now I reach up to final stage of my project. Sir, I was stuck at one problem.

That, how to relate surface roughness with friction occure? what is the procedure to select Surface roughness Value?

It's a pin joint, material= steel

Nilesh Deshmukh
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. - Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

2004

For this problem please refer to the moody's charts and illustration ,there you can find that moody has related the surface roughness and the friction for both fluid and solid motion, I think it can help you out , please refer to Fluid Mechanics Book Edition fifth, author Massey.

Anything else don't hesitate asking

Shehzad Saleem Khan
GKSS Research Centre - Geesthact, Hamburg, Germany