Glue for teflon to teflon

(-----) 2004

hello all,

i am new to this group. I have a question to the group members. do someone know how to paste teflon with teflon.

if so, please reply

thanks in advance -V-

venkatachalam chokkalingam
imtek - freiburg, freiburg, germany
^

2004

Hi Ventkatachlam !

In a nutshell, nbg or verdammt unmoeglich...

Just ask SIMONA and you would get the same answer.

Tut mir Leid !

There are weldable so-called 'teflons' but that's it. No known glue for any of them.

Warum die Frage?

Freeman Newton [dec]
(It is our sad duty to advise that Freeman passed away

^

2004

Back in the dark ages, US Plastics sold a metallic sodium solution for prepping the surfaces of teflon so glue would hold. It was not fresh when I got around to using it, and did not work very well. IE, it stuck some, but not very well.

^

2004

I forget who sold it and do not know if it is still on the market. It is called Tetra-Etch. Supposedly you can also plasma treat the material to defluorinate it. I have tried neither.

Jeff Andle
- Westbrook, ME, USA
^

Check out the RELTEK website. They have teflon adhesives along with an etchant preparation.

Guerry Buehman
- Tempe, Arizona, USA
^