Writing a horror novel: the effects of hydrochloric acid on people

(-----) 2004

I am Darren Rich, my question is a little abstract but you decide if you want to answer it. Approximately how long would hydrochloric acid take to decompose a human body. I want to know because I am a college student who is trying to write a horror novel, and I think facts and details that make it more realistic is what makes it truly scary. I understand if you do not feel comfortable answering this question, or if you do not know the answer but I appreciate you reading my request.

D Rich
writer - Conroe, Texas, United States
^

2004

Hello... Your idea seems very interesting also creative. But why don't you think another fatal chemical substances which cyanide or hidrogenfluorine or nitric acid or phosphoric acid or mysterious name which nobody hear even chemist. I can help about this subject to you of course if you want. May be it can be bestseller oneday.Why not? Depend on your creative imagination and chance. See You.... I will be look forward your answer..... Byee...

Emre Tuna
- Turkey
^

2006

Can anyone tell me if there is an acid that can:
a)be made relatively easily &
b)eat through stainless steel to a depth of 1/6th of an inch in under 36 hours?
I am researching a book, believe it or not, and not a master criminal.

ta, a d mackay,
brizzle, uk

a d mackay
- Bristol, UK
^