Acid washing of custom stainless steel hearth and mantle

(-----) 2004

I am doing custom Granite and Stainless steel fireplace surround and hearth and mantle area. I am doing the walls in the stainless and the customer wants to acid wash the stainless steel. I have worked with many different acids and poultices in the stone industry, but am not sure which acids to use for the stainless, Can I get some suggestions?

Ernest Scott Bradley
Custom Marble And Granite Craftsman - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
^

2004

You may need to coat the steel with iron to achieve the desired results. A patina applied to the iron would offer a few color finish choices.

Rob Dynes
- Lakewood, Colorado, USA
^