No registration, no passwords; no pop-up ads -- just aloha, fun, & authoritative answers.
As an eBay Partner & Amazon Affiliate we receive compensation for qualifying purchases.

pub  Where the world gathers for

-----

Gold Plating Tools (a masonry trowel)

This may seem like an unusual and possibly expensive request, but I am looking to have a masonry trowel gold plated. My wife and I are currently building a home and fortunately we have an uncle who is a mason that has helped us out immensely. He will not except any money for his work and has just about everything he needs so we are looking to buy him a special gift to say thank you. If anyone has any information as to where I might have a trowel gold or silver plated (gold preferred) please contact me. Thank you

Michael Pasquarella
- Schenectady, New York USA
1999

Ed. note: Sorry, this RFQ is outdated so private contact is no longer available, but public technical replies are still welcome! No public brand/source suggestions please ( huh? why?)

It's not that unusual, Mr. Pasquarella, in fact I gave my father-in-law a gold plated trowel. However, a decision you'll need to make before sending it out to the plating shop is whether you want it polished first. If it's not polished, it will acquire a gold color, but the countless small scratches will preclude the bright shiny gold look that you are probably thinking of--it will be rather dull. On the other hand, if it is polished, it can be made very shiny, but it will not look very much like a real working trowel anymore. I opted for the unpolished look.

1999

(No "dead threads" here! If this page isn't currently on the Hotline your Q, A, or Comment will restore it)

About/Contact  -  Privacy Policy  -  ©1995-2024 finishing.com, Pine Beach, New Jersey, USA  -  about "affil links"