-----

"Alodine 1201 vs 1203"

2004

I have a question regarding the difference between Alodine 1201 [linked by editor to info/product on Amazon] , and Alodine 1203. I have an aircraft that requires treatment of the aluminum skin, and the Maintenance Manual calls for the application of 1203, and all I can find is 1201. Is there a great difference between the two kinds, or is 1203 merely an environmentally-friendly version of 1201? I appreciate any help you can give me on this matter.

Thank you kindly,

Andrew B [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
Aircraft Mechanic - Hamilton , Ontario, Canada
^

1st of two simultaneous responses2003

Henkel owns Alodine products now. Their Company is the best place to get that information.

^

2nd of two simultaneous responses2003

It SEEMS that 1203 is no longer available. The Military Specs I've found (81706) show 1201 for touch-up and repairs, while 1203 was apparently for production. The US Air Force Coatings Technology Integration Office has a FAQ that might be of some help (http://131.238.53.232/ctio/faqs.asp). Also a Google search for Alodine 1203 will lead to the above Military QPL (Qualified Products List).

Tom Gallant
- Long Beach, California USA
^