Home

SEARCH🔍
no_pop_no_spam2

World's top finishing resource since 1989
Chime right in - No login req'd

How should I clean a belly dancing chain?

2004

I just picked up a belly dancing chain from a second hand store, and I was wondering how should I clean it? and what is the best (and quickest) method? the chain is made out of many individual flat links which have been punched in to create round impressions (so there are hollows on the reverse side), and has chains hanging off it, and little bells. the links look something like this:

_____

|o o o|

- o -

-

I'm not sure what it is made out of - it appears to be a light faded yellow colour, and is very hard. It is tarnished to various degrees - some parts of it have a grey-green tarnish, at the worst, otherwise it just looks a bit dull. I'm not sure what else I can say to describe it. any advice would be welcomed and I'm sorry if I haven't included enough detail.

N.T Nguyen
hobbyist - melbourne, Victoria, Australia

2004

You can use 5% citric acid solution! Rubbing with precipitated chalk/water paste may help too.

finishing.com is made possible by ... this text gets replaced with bannerText