-----

"Well driller needs help with electrolysis"

2004

Hello finishing.com;

I hope you can answer my question or at least point me in the right direction. I would like to know if you can tell me what metals create or have problems with electrolysis when 2 different metals are used together. As a waterwell driller I would be quite interested in any information you can give me. I've only recently ran in to this problem but have been in the waterwell industry for 12 years now. Please respond

Robert Stanvick
water well driller - Terrace, B.C., Canada
^

2004

DEAR SIR,

I BELIEVE WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS GALVANIC CORROSION OF DISSIMILAR METALS. TO BEGIN WITH YOU CAN REFER TO BOOKS IN INORGANIC CHEMISTRY OR ELECTRO CHEMISTRY YOU'LL FIND TABLES UNDER IONIZATION OR HYDROGEN POTENTIAL, AND YOU CAN BEGIN FROM THERE.

WISH YOU GOOD LUCK.

Cair Shishani
Khair Shishani
aircraft maintenance - Al Ain, UAE
^