-----

"Part plating of precious metals"

2004

Hi

I'm a designer working for a company manufacturing silverware and EPNS. While designing this product I came up with the idea of having an hammered edge that is gold plated but as gold is an expensive metal so the plating cannot be thick and a light plating will come off once its washed in the Indian kitchens. I thought if could hammer it first and then have a plating that is there only in the crevices this will also maintain the look and also solve my purpose. but nobody out here can figure out how this can be done. Can you please help me?

Thanking you,

Aanchal Nevatia
Designer - New Delhi, India
^

2004

It can be done by masking the area you want to leave unplated. Platers' tape can be applied and carefully cut away by hand, or a silk screening process can be used, or a photolithographic process as is used in circuit board manufacturing.

^

finishing.com is possible thanks to our supporting advertisers, including:
maskcoat banner