Home

SEARCH🔍
no_pop_no_spam2

World's top finishing resource since 1989
Chime right in - No login req'd

De-anodize hard anodized cookware

2004

I'm now working with a refurbishing process of hard anodized cookware made from 3003 alloy. The hard anodizing finishing have a 40 mic. thickness. The seal process was made with a nickel fluoride cool seal at 93°F. I use for deanodize the pieces at this time a chromic acid tank at 140°F. with good results, but I need to change it for environmental requirements. I try with sulfuric acid at room temperature but it damages the surface of the cookware. Do you know how can do for deanodize the cookware and obtain the best results?

Best Regards,

JUAN ANDRES GARDUÑO B.
anodizing shop - GUADALAJARA, JALISCO, MEXICO

Hello Juan. If you patiently apply this site's search engine with terms like "remove anodizing" and "strip anodize" you will find a number of good replies. But, in brief, if the law prohibits you from doing it the right way, because the right way involves chromic acid, you can do it with caustic soda . . . but this has the disadvantage of attacking the aluminum substrate as well as the anodized coating. Good luck.