Home

SEARCH🔍
no_pop_no_spam2

World's top finishing resource since 1989
Chime right in - No login req'd

Is 316SS right for pool fencing?

2004

I have built an in-ground swimming pool and wanting to put glass fencing around with stainless steel 316 (marine grade)posts as supports, the pool is salt chlorinated, is this the best metal to use? or should I use something different, as I like the shiny look!

Rod Gleeson
hobbyist - Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

2004

This is the normal method of doing this in this environment, but is not a guarantee that you will not get some rusting long term in this environment. You can use better and more expensive grades with hight nickel and moly.

lee kremer
lee kremer sig
Lee Kremer

2004

Try SS316L and ensure the surface to be as smooth as you can. Electropolish finally. You still have to maintain periodic preventive maintenance. Good Luck

Somashekar
- Bangalore, Karnataka, India