-----

"Remove steel scale from seawall"

2004

I have installed a new sea wall and the cap is made of C Channal 12x1/2 . I want to paint it but I need to remove the factory scale from the steel first. would an acid do the job or do we have to sandblast it, grind it, sand it, first. it's a big area and I want something fast and easy.

John D'Agostino
hobbyist - St Clair Shores, Michigan
^

2004

There are exceptions to every rule, but this doesn't sound like an exception to the rule that acid descaling is for use in factories, not after equipment has been installed. Sandblasting it sounds like the thing to do.

^