-----

"How to do white chromating"

2004

Dear sir,

I have an anodizing plant I receive an enquiry of chromating but it was in white color. Please tell me what chemical I can use to do that chromating the alloy is ADC12. One thing more I know that chromating is always in yellow or green color. Please help us in our problem.

Manish Kathuria
plating shop - Faridabad, Haryana, India
^

2004

Manish,

I am assuming that by white you mean clear. There are clear chromate baths commercially available or I have known of success in bleaching out the color of a yellow chromate bath by immersing the part in hot water (150F or higher). Remember that the corrosion resistant properties of the chromate start to degrade when exposed to temps around 160F.

Tim Hamlett
Tim Hamlett, CEF
- West Palm Beach, Florida, USA
^

2004

A silvery white chromate is possible. This is a little different from the regular clear Blue chromate, there are proprietary processes available in India. IS there any Salt Spray specs required?

p gurumoorthi
P. Gurumoorthi

electroplating process chemicals
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India

^

2004

Dear Manish,

Pl mention full detail what you want. If its clear chromating, that is available with the pretreatment chemical supplier. You should also clear after chromating what treatment you are doing.

Rakesh Sharma
- Delhi, India
^

2004

If we want to do some pasting of self adhesive tape on the material after chromatizing for strong bond. Kindly advice the way.

Tarun
- Delhi, India
^