-----

"Buffing aluminum triple trees for my Harley"

2004

I have achieved a mirror finish on aluminum, but still seem to leave cloth swirls from cotton rags on the final cleaning. Can you suggest a type of material for the final stage.

Paul Racine
hobbyist - Reno, Nevada, U.S.A.
^

2004

The swirls are probably made by left over buffing compound that is on the aluminums surface being rubbed across the aluminum by the cloth. I would suggest after final buffing steam clean the part or use a low-mid speed dry(unloaded with compound) buffing wheel and go over the part with light pressure to remove any grit that is stuck on the surface.

Jason Aube
- Flint, Michigan
^