-----

"Dentist needs electrolytic cleaning of 18-8 stainless steel"

2004

I am an orthodontist, and I have a lot of braces that need to be recycled(cleansed). In India we do not have recycling services from the manufacturers. The braces are made of 18-8 stainless steel. They are used along with resins which is the contaminant after use. We need to electrolyse the brace in order to cleanse it from all the contaminant i.e.the brace has to lose a little of its superficial metal. Suggest me about the electrolyte that should be used.

Atul Kulkarni
doctor - Bijapur, Karnataka, India
^

2004

You can use next solution:

20-40 gm NaOH
20-40 gm trisodium phosphate [affil. link to info/product on Amazon]
20-40 gm sodium carbonate (washing soda) [affil. link to info/product on Amazon](water free)
1 lit water,60-80 °C,3-10 min cathodic,
1-3 min anodic,4-10 A/dm2

- Zagreb , Croatia
^