-----

"Availability of "Colored" Anodized Aluminum Extrusions"

2004

As a hobbyist I use small aluminum extrusions on models. The ability to get colored anodized material is of interest to me. Additionally I see very large applications for replacement of OEM trim materials in a variety of applications where alumized coatings are applied to various vinyl trim pieces on tools, vehicles, and in other high wear or sealing applications. I am not interested in custom extrusions requiring the amortization of die costs, rather off the shelf materials. I have an consulting business(engineering) and am aware of some market potential for these kinds of products.

Larry Nelson
hobbyist - Umatilla, OR, USA
^

2004

Extrusions are routinely color anodized in 10, 20, 40 feet lengths by architectural anodizing jobshops, Larry, and short lengths and individual cut pieces are anodized and dyed by lots of shops. But anodized and dyed extrusions are not to my knowledge routinely stocked by aluminum warehouses.

You get the extrusions you want from an aluminum supply house and then have them anodized and dyed by an anodizing shop. If it represents real business, the anodizing shop will probably offer advice about where to get the extrusions and how to specify them.

^