-----

"What plating/coating for aluminum to match titanium?"

2004

We are a manufacturer of medical devices. I am looking for a plating/coating for a 7075 T6 part to increase the surface hardness/scratch resistance and achieve a cosmetically pleasing metallic look. A hard anodize does not achieve the proper look and I am concerned that the temperatures needed to plate the part would cause the part to lose its temper. The ideal coating would have a dull metallic look as it as intended to match a titanium component. Any Ideas?

Dave Bassett
medical mfgr - Vista, California, USA
^

2004

I would suggest trying a hardcoat which will give you a yellow / gold color the add a grey dye color. It is an off grey (goldish back ground).

Chris Snyder
plater - Charlotte, North Carolina
^