Home

SEARCH🔍
no_pop_no_spam2

World's top finishing resource since 1989
Chime right in - No login req'd

Why are colors after iron phosphating different?

2004

I cooperate with many firms in my country, I offer my experience. I am a technological adviser and the service agent. Why are colors after iron phosphating different?

Mariusz Kulczynski
process-engineer - Wroclaw, Dolnyslask, Poland

2004

Hi Mariusz,

The color of the phosphate coating is dependent on several factors: product concentration, bath temperature, contact time, the nature of the accelerator in the phosphating bath, the pH of the bath, the preceding processing steps, the type of metal being phosphated and the reactivity of the metal toward the phosphating bath.

George Gorecki
- Naperville, Illinois

finishing.com is made possible by ... this text gets replaced with bannerText